A Lemon Cream Pie Recipe For National Lemon Creme Pie Day [PHOTOS]
Folks have been enjoying this recipe since the middle ages! In fact, they loved it so much that they made today National Lemon Cream Pie Day. What better way to celebrate this than with a Lemon Cream Pie recipe?
Pillsbury says you'll need the following...
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 medium lemons)
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 4 drops yellow food color, if desired
Cook time is just under four hours, but prep is only 20 minutes! Get the full recipe here! You can enjoy this awesome treat tonight.