Does the Foot Detox Recipe on Pinterest Work or Is It Just Hype?
Pinterest Truth or Fail? I tried out the popular "Homemade Foot Detox" recipe to find out for myself. It's had over 115,000 shares on just one of the sites and I was watching several of my friends share this on their social media pages...so I figured, it was time to see if this was a Pinterest Truth or Fail.
I already know that I can't make cupcakes look like the Pinterest pictures - that is more of a lack of talent and skill in the bakery/cooking field than possibly reality. But, I can put together a foot scrub or great foot soak. No problem. Plus, spending $10 on a homemade version versus going to a spa or homeopathic center was more on par with my budget.
I decided that it was time to find out if this popular foot soak was showing the truth, or if this project would fail on me too. The pictures and claims of what this homemade foot detox can do was almost too good to be true (check out the picture)...but it made me wonder a few things:
- How much nasty stuff is inside of me that will come out through my feet?
- What color will my water turn? Red, green...or maybe I am a perfectly healthy human and my water will stay clear. *I highly doubted that answer*
- If I do have an odd color, how often do I need to do this to get all the junk out of me?
Time to test it out and see what happens!
The Project: Homemade Foot Detox Recipe
The Recipe: (as per this Pinterest pin)
- Take 1 cup of Epsom salt,
- 1 cup of sea salt,
- 2 cups of baking soda,
- and several drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix it well.
- Take ¼ cup of this mixture, and fill it with hot water (the temperature you think can withstand) in a foot tub.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes.
- Relax and enjoy.
There are a few benefits for this foot detox too...besides all of the metals and toxins it might remove from your body. According to Jordeze Home and Garden website (which also features the same foot detox), the benefits also include: reduces swelling, calms the body, boosts your immune system, improves move, burns calories, encourages normal blood sugar, and boosts cardiovascular health.
I am either an incredibly healthy individual or this Pinterest project just isn't living up to its hype. You can check out my pictures to see for yourself the results that I had (or didn't have).
Was the Foot Detox a Pinterest Truth or Fail?
I will say...it did a great job making my feet soft and it smelled really good! I've still got a big bag of Epsom salt to use so I'll be trying it again just for that benefit!