A Rochester man says his daughter became extremely sick after eating contaminated food at one of Rochester's newest restaurants. He has now filed a lawsuit against its owners.

The Post Bulletin reported the lawsuit on Friday and said the (2-year-old) girl was one of eight people who tested positive for the potentially deadly food pathogen which health officials later traced to Damsy Restaurant.

Damsy, which opened in September, is a Mediterranean restaurant.

The Med City Beat reported that "doctors at Mayo Clinic were at one point concerned that she was in kidney failure. The child spent several days in the hospital before being discharged, and is still recovering."

E. coli can cause severe abdominal cramps, diarrhea and vomiting according to the Mayo Clinic. The hospital says healthy adults usually recover from the infection within a week, but young children and older adults have a greater risk of developing a life-threatening form of kidney failure called hemolytic uremic syndrome.