Alden, MN (KROC AM News) - A house in the small Freeborn County town of Alden was heavily damaged after a fire broke out Tuesday.

The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says the fire was reported just before 8:00 PM. Firefighters arrived to find thick smoke coming out of the second-floor windows. No one was home at the time of the fire.

The sheriff’s office says upon initial investigation, it appears the fire may have started near a clothes dryer. The State Fire Marshal's Office has been called to assist in the investigation.

The home is a rental that is owned by Leah and Theodore Jacobsen of Owatonna.

Alden is located about 15 miles west of Albert Lea.

News update: Rochester School Board not ready to make a decision on changing attendance boundaries.

Get local and national news on the go.  Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.