MnDOT Reveals Local 2018 Construction Projects
MnDOT just released it's list of projects for 2018, and some will affect your summertime commute. Here are a few to look out for in our area!
I-35 at Faribault – MnDOT will be paving four miles of southbound I-35 at Faribault
- The Minnesota Department of Transportation plans an unbonded concrete overlay on four miles of southbound Interstate 35 at Faribault. Traffic to exit at southbound Exit 59 will be detoured during the work. Southbound traffic will be diverted onto the northbound lanes with traffic traveling in both directions on I-35 in the northbound lanes during the project.
Highway 63 – MnDOT plans to repave Highway 63 between Rochester and Zumbro Falls and replace four culverts
MnDOT also reminded motorists to be looking out for orange cones as we get into spring and the summer months. You should be aware that you may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Check www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Minimize distractions (e.g., don’t use cell phones or eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; fines are up to $300 in work zones
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones
On top of these projects you have bridge work being done along I-35 in the Owatonna area, and digtial sign replacement on Hwys 52, 14 and local roadways in those general area.