Olmsted County Resident Warning People of Local Scam!
After receiving a phone call, she contacted police who are confirming this is a scam!
The resident apparently received a phone call from someone claiming she won a prize from “Publisher Clearing House”.
According the Olmsted County Sheriff's Department the "PCH" does not call or email big winners. This has happened in the area before, but it's a good reminder to be on high alert of fishy phone calls and/or emails.
Keep in mind:
• You never had to pay to receive a legitimate prize.
• Never give out personal, confidential or financial information.
• A check doesn’t mean you have won.
• Do not believe your call I.D.
• Do not open suspicious emails, text messages and links.