Rochester, MN AM News) - The Bloom project is officially dead.

The Rochester City Council Monday made it clear there is no more interest in the project just over a month after the developer pulled out of a purchase agreement for the downtown site.

The city never received an official reason from Bloom, although the company expressed interest in a scaled-down version of the project.

Because no binding agreements had been signed by either party, the Council was not required to do anything to formally end the process. City Administrator Steve Rymer told the council he and his staff are planning to take another hard look at the site and develop a vision for possible future uses. Rymer told the council DMC officials have also expressed support for a “revisioning” of the riverfront property that is owned by the city.

Bloom’s nearly $250-million project called for two large towers that would include hotel and living units, parking and commercial purposes

News Update: A Minnesota mayor is accused of embezzlement.