Rochester Fire Department Issues Clothes Dryer Advisory
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - When was the last time you cleaned your clothes dryer? The Rochester Fire Dept. kicked out an advisory Tuesday morning after responding to a clothes dryer fire.
The 911 call came in around 6:15 AM from 711 11th Ave SE. The small fire was put out right away with a CO2 extinguisher.
The department says the fire serves as a reminder to “make sure to clean out your dryer vents at a minimum of once per year and clean lint traps after each use.”
RFD quoted a report that shows there were nearly 16,000 home fires in the country involving clothes dryers or washing machines each year between 2010-2014. A third of the fires involving clothes dryers were the result of “ failure to clean.”
News update: Woman killed in a head-on wreck near Waseca.