UPDATE: Rochester, MN (KROC AM News, June 13, 2018) - A Rochester man charged in a 2017 assault/robbery case has been acquitted. Seth Sorenson was accused of assaulting a man and taking his wallet, which the victim said contained $900 in cash. Sorenson was later charged with two felony robbery charges and one count of 3rd-degree assault. The Olmsted County Attorney's office dismissed the robbery charges. Sorenson decided to have the remaining charge heard by Judge Pamela King without a jury. She heard the case last week and ruled in Sorenson's favor.


 

Rochester, MN (KROC AM News, March 13, 2017) - A Rochester man was taken into custody early Monday and is expected to be charged with an assault that sent the victim to St Marys Hospital.

Police were called to a residence in the 1300 block of 4th St NE Friday night. A man who was suffering from a broken nose and other facial injuries told officers he had just been assaulted by someone he knows.

The 26-year-old says he and his wife returned home and found 23-year-old Seth Sorenson waiting for them. He asked for money but they refused and asked him to leave.

Police say Sorenson then took the victim’s wallet. When the victim’s wife tried to intervene, Sorenson pushed her and attacked the husband. Sorenson then left with the victim’s money, estimated to be around $900.