The Ten Commandments Of Concert Behavior
Here's a hint: nobody should be this guy (or girl).
We've all got our own seemingly annoying pet peeves in life. Instead of giving a list of general pet peeves, I figured that it would be a good time to discussion one pet peeve facet in particular - CONCERT BEHAVIOR.
Ladies and gentlemen, believe it or not, there are unspoken "do's and don'ts" when it comes to how you conduct yourself at a show.
Here are some commandments to obey, in order for everyone to have a good time.
- THOU SHALT NOT RECORD. Seriously, no one is watching those horrible videos anyway.
- THOU SHALL NOT SPILL THY BEER. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that, and you're wasting alcohol!
- THOU SHALL OBSERVE PERSONAL SPACE. I prefer to not have your butt directly on my face, thank you.
- PURCHASE THE MERCHANDISE. Did you have a great time? Buy a t-shirt instead of taking a horrible cell phone video.
- TRAVEL WITH THY GROUP. Of course, there is always safety in numbers, but going with a group or friend is just plain more fun!
- WEAR THY PROPER ATTIRE. For the love of god please don't wear a Slayer shirt at a Tim McGraw show. At least TRY to be part of the crowd.
- THOU SHALL NOT OVER CONSUME. Just don't. You know what I mean. Don't be that guy.
- THOU SHALL NEVER DRIVE DRUNK. Coming to or leaving the show? Don't drink and drive!
- PREPARE TO TAILGATE. It's an easy way to have a good time!
- THOU MUST HAVE FUN. Seriously, you're at a show. Enjoy it!