17 Things Every True Minnesotan Has Done
There are some things everyone in Minnesota has in common, specifically things they have all done. You can’t be a real Minnesotan without having done these at least once, can you? If you haven't, don't worry. You have all summer!
- Swam in one of Minnesota's wonderful lakes! There is over 15,000 to choose from.
- Been on a boat! Bonus for fishing for AND catching dinner.
- Stayed in a cabin, on a lake obviously!
- Visited the world famous 1st Ave in Minneapolis. Iconic!
- Eaten a Juicy Lucy. You are missing out if you haven't.
- Been to see the Cherry and Spoon at Sculpture Garden.
- Experienced the theater, any of them! (2nd only to NYC per capita theater in the U.S.)
- Been to a Fireman’s dance. Always great to support your local servicemen.
- Been to a meat raffle! And had a beer... or two... maybe three?
- Been to one of Minnesota's phenomenal state parks!
- Had a bonfire. It's a summer staple!
- Been practically eaten alive by mosquitoes.
- Bought produce from a random farm! Rochester Farmers Market is one of my faves!
- Been caught in the middle of a huge unexpected downpour! More than I can count!
- Been to a music festival. There is only hundreds to choose from!
- Been to the Great MN Get Together at least once.
- Visited the Mall Of America. You know everyone asks if you've been there.
Listen to this true Minnesota every weekday from 10AM to 12PM on 106.9 KROC.