After 34 Years, Rochester’s Double Tree Inn Closed for Good
After more than three decades as a high-end hotel fixture on the corner of Broadway and 2nd Street SW in Downtown Rochester, the DoubleTree Inn (formerly the Radisson Hotel) is closed as of October 3rd.
Is the DoubleTree Inn Space Just Going to be Empty?
No, the hotel space is being converted into a dormitory for first-year University of Minnesota students in Rochester. As reported here earlier, the U of M is leasing the 3rd to the 11th floor for 12 years. Starting rent is $3.06 million, with a 1.75% bump each year. The University will also pay real estate taxes and utilities.
Over $7 million will be spent to redo about 200 rooms to create space for 400 sleeping spaces, a dining hall, and the usual things you'll find in a dorm. They'll be up and running a year from now, for 2023 students.
What About Cafe Steam and Pescara?
If you'd like to move to Rochester to be closer to your kid that'll be living in the UMR dorms, may I suggest this fine, budget-priced home?
The Huge Kitchen Is Just One Great Feature of this Pill Hill Home
- Tons of mature trees and beautiful landscape surround this lovely home.
- On .68 of an acre and all within minutes to St. Mary's, the Mayo Clinic Campus and the Plummer House.
- This elegant and traditional floor plan offers 5 bedrooms, 4 baths and a 2-car garage with additional outdoor parking areas.
- Painted woodwork, Cherry cabinets and hardwood floors are just a few highlights.
- An addition was put on in 2003 to create a large living room and sunroom area showcasing fabulous natural light and a hot tub room that goes out to the private patio and gazebo.
- Over 5000 sq. ft with formal dining, private offices, awesome storage space in the lower level and many bonus rooms.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org