Faribault Car Cruises Back Starting Friday
The Faribault Main Street organization, under the umbrella of the Faribault Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism announced they are excited for the return of Downtown Car Cruises the third Friday of each month starting Friday, May 21, 2021.
The first event will be a "Cruise-In." Car Cruises feature classic vehicles parked along Central Avenue in the heart of Faribault, Mn. By popular demand one of the cruises will utilize last year's actual cruising the area around Faribault.
Car Cruises have been happening in Faribault for over a decade. The cruises will occur weather permitting through September.
Hours are 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m. specifcally located in the 200, 300, 400 blocks of Central Avenue. The best price you can find. Free!
From Model A's and Model T's to classic Corvettes and Mustangs. It's a trip down memory lane for everyone because you always remember your first vehicles or your parent's vehicle when you were young.
There will be music downtown courtesy of a DJ. Food trucks will have items available. There are some great eating establishments in downtown Faribault to enjoy also.
The other 2021 Downtown Car Cruise-In Nights include:
- June 18th Meet at Faribault Middle School for a driving cruise before going downtown.
- July 16th Central Avenue Downtown Faribault
- August 13th Downtown bonus show part of the Blue Collar Festival with two live bands performing. Tropical T-Birds and Wreckless.
- August 20th Central Avenue Downtown Faribault
- September 17th Downtown Car Cruise-In Nights final show at Faribault Harley Davidson with live bands performing.
Faribault Main Street Coordinator Kelly Nygaard says the event would not be possible without a number of community sponsors.
Nygaard is also appeciative of the many volunteers that help pointing out, "Scott Ozmun is receiving the Chamber Volunteer of the Year Award for his work with the Car Cruises."
Can you name 10 more?
MORE TO EXPLORE: 10 Iconic Minnesota Food Dishes