Follow These Tips if You’re Flying Out of MSP Airport This Holiday Season
If you're traveling to see family this holiday season, here are some tips to make sure your trip goes smoothing if you're flying out of Minnesota's largest airport.
After having been decimated during the early days of the pandemic, I was glad to see that travel made a big comeback in 2021. My wife and I took two trips this year, flying to the Outer Banks in North Carolina in May and flying to Montana this fall, and had a great experience at the airport (both RST in Rochester and MSP in Minneapolis) both times.
Travel experts say the number of people flying this holiday season is nearly back to pre-pandemic levels. Which means if you're flying out of the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in Bloomington (MSP), you'll likely encounter longer lines as more travelers join you in heading home for the holidays.
Another Direct Flight From Rochester is Ending Soon
MSP has published a list of tips to make sure your trip goes smoothly this holiday season.
- Plan to arrive two hours before domestic flights and three hours before international flights, giving you time to park, check bags, move through the security screening process, find your gate and relax prior to departure.
- MSP Airport’s Travel Confidently program continues to provide enhanced cleaning and safety protocols throughout the terminals.
- Passengers are required to always wear a face mask in the terminal buildings and onboard aircraft.
- Look to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for tips on how to make your security screening experience as quick and easy as possible. It’s also important to know what you can pack in your bags and what you can bring on an aircraft before heading to the airport. Information about what is allowed and what is not allowed can be found at this webpage.
- Also, if you’re bringing gifts plan to wrap them at your destination in case they need to be inspected when passing through airport security.
So, if you're flying this Christmas, have fun! And speaking of the holidays, do you remember which toys were the most popular during Christmas when you were a kid? Keep scrolling to check out the hottest toys during each holiday season!