How Much Does It Cost to Go to the Superbowl? Too Much!
Holy mother of pearl! I've always known the big game was meant for the man and not the fan, but these prices are just wild. Anywhere from about $4,000 to over $$35,000 depending on how fancy you want to be.
Sure, you can buy a hot dog and a beer for $7 total plus tax (see that story here). But to fly there, stay there and all that jazz? (Some info from CNBC)
- TICKETS - $4-$6,000. On Stub Hub the cheapest was at about $3,300 but went as high as $35,000
- GETTING THERE - Flying to Atlanta from Rochester? Flying out Friday the 1st, and coming back Monday the 4th? Over $700.
- STAYING THERE - Average hotel stay is about $470/night. Three nights = $1,410. Don't count on AIR BNB types being much better...last year even in Rochester prices went way up.
- FOOD/GETTING AROUND - $150 - $300.
- ENTERTAINMENT - You mean besides the Super Bowl? Yikes. Let's say $250, unless you go to an "adult" club...then, sorry 'bout that credit card, Bob.
All that vs. staying home watching it with buddies, or catching Dr. Pimple Popper on TLC (really, that's what they're doing...three hours of the PP)! If you haven't seen Dr. Pimple Popper, I'm sorry. You'll have to go to the Googles for that. Too gross to even link here.
Listen to James Rabe 6a to 10a on Y-105 FM