Minnesota’s Largest Halloween Attraction Opens This Weekend
After taking last year off because of the COVID-19 pandemic, one of Minnesota's most popular Halloween attractions is back for 2021. Valleyscare will open this weekend with new attractions to scare you and safety measures to keep you safe and healthy.
Valleyfair says their haunted attraction is the largest in the Midwest. Read about the sword-swallower from Florida, the mesmerizing hula-hooper, and other new attractions below.
Valleyscare Open in October
Valleyscare is open on select nights between October 2nd and October 30th and describes itself as a PG-13 event. The park doesn't enforce an age limit but recommends all guests be at least 13-years-old.
What to expect at Valleyscare
Visitors will see hundreds of monsters lurking around the park as they tour the various haunted mazes, watch the street performers, and enjoy more than 75 rides.
Where is Valleyscare?
Valleyscare is located at One Valleyfair Drive in Shakopee, MN. The haunted attraction is open on Fridays and Saturdays from October 2nd - October 30th.
What's new at Valleyscare:
Due Artis: “This dynamic duo will have you holding your breath the entire performance as they are suspended high in the air performing their acrobatic routines.” Whether they are sliding through silk curtains or swinging from dazzling heights, you won't be able to look away.
Freak Show Florida: “Feast your eyes upon talents you didn't know you wanted to see performed in real life as this freaky Floridian swallows swords, becomes a human pin cushion, and so much more.”
Authentically Ashleigh: “Authentically Ashleigh mesmerizes guests with her extraordinary hula hoop skills.”
Find out more about all of the attractions here and keep scrolling to read how the park has changed some of its rules to keep visitors safe.
Valleyscare COVID-19 Safety Measures
• Masks required. On their site, they explain, “Required indoors unless eating or drinking for guests who are not fully vaccinated.”
• Extra hand sanitization stations throughout the park.
• Reservations are required for all guests.
New Safety Policies for 2021
• The amusement park just updated its bag policy and says, “guests may not bring bags of any kind, including purses, backpacks, or diaper bags, into the park during Halloween Haunt after 6:00 p.m.”
• Costumes and face paint are not allowed inside the park.
• No cameras or photography is permitted inside Valleyscare’s haunted mazes or scare zones. Violators will be asked to leave the park.
• Reentry is not permitted.