Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - A Rochester man is dead and his brother is hospitalized after the two were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide.

Rochester firefighters and police officers were sent to a home in the 1000 block of 11th St SE Thursday on a report of an unresponsive man. As CPR efforts were underway, CO alarms carried by the firefighters were activated. The home was evacuated and tests confirmed high levels of the deadly gas.

The unresponsive man was pronounced dead and an autopsy was ordered but it’s suspected he died from CO poisoning. He was identified as 61-year-old Rodney Hanson.

The home where he died is owned by his older brother. He was also at the home and showed signs of CO poisoning. He was listed in good condition at St. Marys Friday morning.

Police say Hanson had undergone medical treatment for an unknown reason the day before and his brother had picked him up and drove to his house. Hanson’s brother later complained of not feeling well. Hanson called his wife and said he was going to spend the night at his brother’s home. He was found unresponsive by his brother around 9:00 AM Thursday. They were the only two in the house at the time.

More From Quick Country 96.5