Super Bowl to Feature a Very Minnesotan Menu
If they would allow me to go up there JUST to eat, I would totally do it. The chefs in the Twin Cities have seriously upped their game for the upcoming event. Not only will the classic stadium food be available, but also some State Fair Classics AND some incredible Minnesota originals.
According to a press release, the "menu is a showcase of the distinctive tastes of the Bold North, reflecting the Twin Cities’ increasingly diverse and dynamic culinary scene." Twelve Twin Cities area restaurants will be featured. Check out these mouth-watering menus!
- Walleye Chowder with wild rice, potatoes, dill and vermouth
- Braised Short Rib Sandwich with pancetta, arugula, smoked tomatoes, pickled red onions, roasted garlic and cheddar cheese
- Kramarczuk’s Wild Rice Bratwurst with carmalized onions and lingonberry chutney.
- Andrew Zimmern’s Northwood’s Porchetta Sandwich
- Revival’s famous Southern Fried Chicken
- St. Croix Valley Winter Green Salad
- Smoked Brisket Mac n Cheese
- Pan Seared Jumbo Lump Crab Cake
- Minnesota Maple Nut Goodie Bread Pudding
State Fair Classics:
- Smoked turkey leg
- Pork chop on a stick
- Cookie dough cone
They will also pay homage to the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles with a special food and drink:
- New England Clam Roll — Kettle Chip Crusted Fried Clams, House Tartar Sauce, Shredded Lettuce, Griddled Roll
- The Wicked Red (AFC) — Cranberry Juice, Rum and Blueberry
- South Philly Roast Pork Sandwich — Italian Roast Pork, Sautéed Broccoli Rabe, Sharp Provolone, Hoagie Roll
- Midnight Green Punch (NFC) — Vodka, Sour Apple and Lemon-Lime Soda