The Best Cheap Wines In Rochester According To A Wine Expert
I'm a 33-year-old man who has never spent more than $10 on a bottle of wine in his life. Why? Because I'm not a sucker, that's why! You can find plenty of tasty and effective bottles of wine for less than $10, and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't even know the difference.
Business Insider recently had a sommelier (a fancy word for 'wine expert') do a blind taste-test of budget wines from Costco, Trader Joe's, and Target. And wouldn't you know it, it turns out that cheap wine earned some positive reviews! You can check out the full article here, but the official rankings are below.
1. Costco's Kirkland cabernet sauvignon - $7.99
2. Target's "The Collection" cabernet sauvignon - $9.99
3. Trader Joe's Charles Shaw cabernet sauvignon - $3.99
1. Target's "The Collection" pinot grigio - $9.99
2. Costco's Kirkland pinot grigio - $7.89
3. Trader Joe's Charles Shaw pinot grigio - $3.99
I'm personally a Trader Joe's guy myself, but to each their own. As long as you're enjoying a bottle of wine for under ten bucks, everyone wins!
Source: Business Insider