VIDEO: Minnesotan Creates Stunning Ice Crystals w/Cookie Cutter and Soap
How Do You Do This Thing?
It's literally three steps.
- Go outside.
- Dip cookie cutter in bubble stuff
- Hold it up so you can watch it freeze.
I've done this by blowing bubbles in the super sub-zero temps, and they do kind of the same thing with neat patterns but super-fast, then they collapse into themselves. It's really pretty, but this is so much cooler.
Almost Everyone Loves the New Honker Logo
If you don't have bubble stuff handy, here's how to make it.
- To six cups of water add 1 cup of dish soap and stir SLOWLY until it's mixed nicely. You want to avoid making bubbles and lather while you stir.
- Add a 1/4 cup corn syrup and stir some more.
- That's it, you're ready to go. However, if you make it the night before and cover it, you'll get much better bubble action.
- NOTE: One recipe reminds that if you used an ULTRA dish soap, double the corn syrup.
It's winter...do we need rules for winter?
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
You're going to have your last meal ever...what do you want?