5 Things We Learned During ‘Farm Animals Week’ on Afternoons With Val
I had a lot of fun with you guys this week on Afternoons With Val! You taught me a thing or two about farm animals, and I brought some trivia of my own! Let's recap what we learned.
1) Pigs are smart! They also are very social.
One listener said, "They're great companions too! They make great pets." Another said, "I butchered mine last week!" ...oh, the irony!
2) Cows make anywhere from 200,000 to 350,000 glasses of milk per year.
One listener backed that up by saying "That's about right!"
3) Chickens have their own social groups.
OneKind.org explains, "Chickens have very sophisticated social behaviour with a dominance hierarchy where higher individuals dominate subordinate individuals. This is where the term pecking order comes from!"
4) Goats can recall their own name.
One of our listeners definitely wants to have some!
5) Horses might have better memory than elephants.
In some instances, they do!
Thanks for making this week fun! We'll have to do another farm themed week sometime soon!