All-Comers’ Track Meets in Rochester Are Going Virtual
I know a bunch of families and kids that participate in the All-Comers' track meets every single week. The kids love it. The families have a blast cheering on their kids. All of that can continue this summer but due to covid-19, it will look different.
To continue to promote health and wellness among our youth, the 2020 season of the Hal Martin All-Comers’ Track Meets will be held virtually. We will miss the energy and enthusiasm of the children and parents this June and July. We are encouraging our community youth to participate virtually over this time, track participation and submit results for ribbons and the opportunity to receive a drawing prize. - www.rochesterrunningclub.com
If you haven't heard of the All-Comers' track meets, this is an amazing event where youth in our community can try new events, have fun, and have a fun activity that keeps them active throughout the summer. According to their website, youth can pick one single event or up to six and includes 50 meters to 1600 meters and the long jump.
Here are a few more pieces of info about the All-Comers' Track Meets:
- Kids can track their participation each week with a printable participation tracking log or submit on-line.
- Where kids can run and jump:
- The Soldiers Memorial Field Track and long jump pit will be ready to use in early June. Rochester Running Club volunteers will be adding lines for the distances each Monday from June 1st to July 20th.
- Willow Creek Middle School also has a running track available for use.
- Get the waiver and find out more at www.rochesterrunningclub.org
Do you know of another event happening for kids and families? Let me know! Send me a message on my Facebook page (Jessica On The Radio) or DM me on Instagram.
Listen to Jessica Williams weekdays from 6 am until 10 am on Y105FM's Early Morning Show
Jessica plays Country’s Greatest Hits weekdays from 12 pm - 6 pm on 103.1 KFIL!