Celebrating A Classic Character: A Way To ‘Spice Up’ Your Shells [PHOTOS]
Which "character" are we celebrating? The Pillsbury Doughboy of course! On this day in 1965, he made his debut to the world. To honor that, I selected a favorite Pillsbury recipe for you to try!
Take a look at these Taco Stuff Shells! I'm of Italian ethnicity, and I love my past recipes, but hey - this is a twist I don't mind.
I'm absolutely in love with the combinations of cultures here. For ingredients you'll need...
- 8 oz uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 24 shells from 12-oz box)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
The whole recipe takes about 35 minutes to prep, and up to 55 minutes to actually cook. I don't recommend it for a night you need to be quick about things, but if you've got the time - this one is worth it!
Try it for dinner tonight! Get the full recipe here.