Hundreds Walking Together in Rochester on September 15th, 2019 for Breast Cancer
What is one thing that doesn't care what town you live in, what type of job you have, how many people are in your family, or even how much money you make each year? Cancer. Even in the town that is home to Mayo Clinic, we are not immune.
In Minnesota alone, the estimate is that 4,740 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in 2019. Need a visual of that number? Take all of the students enrolled at Century High School, John Marshall High School, and Mayo High School in Rochester, and you aren't quite at 4,740 people but you are pretty close.
Women and men are diagnosed with breast cancer every day in our community and luckily, an amazing nonprofit is ready to help those individuals through their journey; Join the Journey. This organization provides a mentoring program called Pink Ribbon Mentors, support groups, a dragonboat team that meets at Silver Lake, and several resources for patients. You can learn more about what they provide or even request support at their website: www.jointhejourney.us
Join the Journey can do what they do best but only with your help. The easiest (and most exciting!) way to help this organization continue to make a positive difference for breast cancer patients is by registering for the 15th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Walk! Here's the info to know and links for registering:
15th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Walk
- Sunday, September 15th, 2019
- Mayo High School in Rochester, MN
- 5 mile walk with family fun for everyone! Balloon animals, temporary tattoos, education booths, snacks, lunch, and t-shirt included! Halfway point at Silver Lake gives you an opportunity to ride in the dragonboat!
- Register online today at: www.jointhejourney.us (registration also available day of the event)
- And...all of the money raised at this event stays right here to help those in our community!