Minnesota’s Valleyfair Amusement Is Now Open With New Events and Food
Friday, May 20th is opening day for Valleyfair Amusement Park in Shakopee, Minnesota. The park' features eight roller coasters and sixteen different rides for kids. Can you guess the most popular ride at Valleyfair? Don't overthink it, you can see the top 5 rides below.
This year guests will be able to enjoy more food options and the amusement park says 2022 will feature its largest event line-up ever. Keep reading to see what's new and find out what you need to know before planning a trip to Valleyfair.
Here's What's New in 2022 at Minnesota's Valleyfair Amusement Park
The amusement park will feature a few new dining options including walking tacos and hand-scooped ice cream at Señor Vargas and you'll be able to quench your thirst at the new Superior Bar which will serve cocktails, mocktails, and draft beers. The 50s-style diner, Coasters Drive-In, will now feature grab-and-go meals and online ordering.
Valleyfair says the event lineup planned for this summer is its biggest ever. Read more about what's scheduled below, but first, the top 5 rides that you'll be able to go on this weekend at Valleyfair.
The 5 Most Popular Rides at Valleyfair
Minnesota's Valleyfair Announces Special 2022 events & festivals
- Opening Weekend for Valley Fair is May 20-22
- Opening Weekend for Soak City is May 28-30
- Grand Carnivale - This global celebration is planned for June 25 – July 10
- Fourth of July Fireworks - Guests will enjoy a massive fireworks display on July 4th
- Latin Days are scheduled for July 23rd and 24th with live music, authentic Latin foods, and a celebration of Latin culture.
- Monster Jam Thunder Alley™ will be open August 12 – September 5. Guests will be able to experience the gigantic trucks that compete in Monster Jam®, and ride in the Monster Jam Freestyle Ride Truck™.
- Tricks And Treats is Valleyfair's new Halloween event and will be open from September 30 – October 30. Earlier this year, Valleryfair announced that Valleyscare won't be returning. Tricks And Treats is designed to be more family-friendly. See more
COVID protocols: Reservations are no longer required, face masks are optional, and the park is completely cashless now so bring a card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.
TO DO: 5 Cheap But Awesome Minnesota Vacations + Day-Trips