Mayo Clinic Once Again Named Best Hospital In Nation
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The Mayo Clinic was named the best hospital in the nation in U.S. News & World Report’s 29th annual “Best Hospitals Honor Roll” published online on Tuesday.
The Mayo Clinic has always been ranked near the top of the “Best Hospitals Honor Roll”. Mayo Clinic is part of a very select group of hospitals recognized on the “Best Hospitals Honor Roll” for “breadth of excellence,” The honor roll consists of 20 hospitals with the highest combined overall scores in 16 medical and surgical specialties.
Other highlights from the publication include:
• Mayo Clinic's Arizona campus is No. 11 among hospitals nationwide.
• Mayo Clinic is No. 1 in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
• Mayo Clinic is No. 1 in the Jacksonville, Florida, and Phoenix metro areas.
• Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is the fifth best hospital in Wisconsin (three-way tie) and a best regional hospital in Northwest Wisconsin.
The Mayo Clinic was also named No. 1 in six specialties. Mayo Clinic is first overall in the honor roll and ranks first, second or third in 11 specialties. It is No. 1 in six specialties:
• Diabetes and Endocrinology
• Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Surgery
• Neurology and Neurosurgery
Mayo Clinic ranked No. 2 in four specialties including, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology (two-way tie). It ranked No. 3 in Cancer. Specialties are measured for various factors.
“We are humbled and honored to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report,” says John Noseworthy, M.D., president and CEO, Mayo Clinic. “This ranking recognizes Mayo Clinic as a destination medical center for patients with complex and serious illnesses, our staff’s total commitment to patient care, and the extraordinary depth and breadth of our medical practice.”