Mega Jackpots Up For Grabs This Week
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The combined grand prizes of the two most popular lottery games played in Minnesota have shot over $1-billion.
The jackpots in both games have been rolling over since they were last won in September.
There were no jackpot winners in the Friday drawing of the Mega Millions game and its grand prize is currently worth an estimated $600-million. That’s the 4th largest in the game’s history. The next drawing will be held Tuesday.
The Powerball grand prize rose to an estimated $550-million Saturday night after the drawing failed to produce a jackpot winner. It is currently the 9th highest grand prize in Powerball history and the largest it’s been since March 2019.
Five tickets sold in Minnesota for the Saturday drawing won third-place prizes worth $50,000.
The Powerball organization noted this after the Saturday drawing:
If history repeats itself, the January 13 drawing could prove to be a lucky draw date for Powerball players. Wednesday’s drawing coincides with the fifth anniversary of Powerball’s world record $1.586 billion jackpot. The record jackpot was hit on Jan. 13, 2016 and was shared by winners in California, Florida and Tennessee.
Top 10 Powerball Jackpots
- 1. $1.586 Billion - Jan. 13, 2016 - California, Florida, Tennessee
- 2. $768.4 Million - March 27, 2019 - Wisconsin
- 3. $758.7 Million - Aug. 23, 2017 - Massachusetts
- 4. $687.8 Million - Oct. 27, 2018 - Iowa, New York
- 5. $590.5 Million - May 18, 2013 - Florida
- 6. $587.5 Million - Nov. 28, 2012 - Arizona, Missouri
- 7. $564.1 Million - Feb. 11, 2015 - North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- 8. $559.7 Million - Jan. 6, 2018 - New Hampshire
- 9. $550 Million (est.)
- 10. $487.0 Million - July 30, 2016 - New Hampshire
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
- $1.537 billion 10/23/2018 1-SC
- $656 million 3/30/2012 3-IL, KS, MD
$648 million 12/17/2013 2-CA, GA
- $600 million (est) 1/12/2021 ?
- $543 million 7/24/2018 1-CA
- $536 million 7/8/2016 1-IN
- $533 million 3/30/2018 1-NJ
- $522 million 6/7/2019 1-CA
- $451 million 1/5/2018 1-FL
- $437 million 1/1/2019 1-NY
News update: New Covid strain confirmed in Minnesota
Quiz: How many of these spots in Southeast Minnesota can you name?