Needing a Fun Workout? Rochester Has Two Free Options Happening This Summer
If you've been on the lookout for a place to workout in Rochester but you aren't too sure about exercising IN a gym due to COVID, there are a few places offering some freebies outside that you should know about. (And they look like a ton of fun!)
125 LIVE at the Rochester Farmer's Market on Saturday
125 LIVE just announced that they are partnering with the Rochester Farmer's Market and providing workouts for anyone starting May 1st at 8 am. Here's the schedule that they posted on their Facebook page:
- May 1st - Tai Chi with Patrick
- May 8th - Zumba with Katie
- May 15th - Strength & Cardio with Ken
- May 22nd - Yoga with Sunny
- May 29th - Strength & Cardio with Fred
- June 5th - Yoga with Max
- June 12th - Zumba with Emily
- June 19th - Yoga with Corinne
- June 26th - Zumba with Irem
- July 3rd - Strength & Cardio with Brent
- July 10th - Zumba with Stacy
- July 31st - Yoga with Sunny
- Aug 21st - Strength & Cardio with Fred
- Sept 24th - Yoga with Sunny
- Oct 2nd - Tai Chi with Patrick
- Oct 9th - Strength & Cardio with Olga
- Oct 30th - Strength & Cardio with Katy
Fresh Air Fitness classes in Downtown Rochester
Get your workout clothes and tennis shoes ready because the Rochester Downtown Alliance and Winona State University are bringing fitness classes to downtown Rochester every Tuesday and Thursday. The classes start at 5:15 pm in Central Park and will last one hour and every person can be part of these, no matter your skill level.
Here's a rundown of what they will be offering:
- Tuesday: Barre - exercises featuring elements of ballet, Pilates, and yoga. This class will be led by Anna from Pure Barre.
- Thursday: Yoga - led by Heather from Yoga Tribe.
- RSVP's required: Take a moment and get registered for the classes you'd like to attend. Walk-ups are not able to happen even though these are outside. See class list and RSVP here.
- Check-in: Starts at 5:00pm
- Classes start: 5:15pm
If you missed Thursday's Downtown last year...I've got exciting news!
One of my absolute, favorite events is Thursdays Downtown. Last year, as we were all dealing with the pandemic, I realized how much I truly missed this fun event that happens every week in the summer. If you missed it as much as me, I've got good news! Keep scrolling to see all of the events that the Rochester Downtown Alliance have planned for this summer. I've got the entire list below just for you.