Rochester Woman Was Victim Of Wednesday’s Chain-Reaction Crash
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The Minnesota State Patrol has released the names of those involved in the deadly chain-reaction multi-vehicle crash that happened Wednesday north of Rochester.
A Rochester woman was killed in the wreck.
The victim has been identified as 65-year-old Bonita Sawyer. She was a passenger in a car driven by 67-year-old Debra Bieber of Rochester, who suffered life-threatening injuries.
The crash happened in dense fog on northbound Highway 51 between Oronoco and Pine Island around 9:15 am. There were three semi-trucks and three passenger vehicles involved.
1. 45-year-old Dale Vandezande of Rochester - not injured
2. 71-year-old Barre Ahmed of St Paul - suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
3. 59-year-old Christopher Huffine of Lenoir City, Tennessee - not injured
passenger: 60-year-old Steven Harold of Rockford, Tennessee - not injured
Other passenger vehicle drivers:
1. 78-year-old Merl Groteboer of Rochester - not injured
passenger: 75-year-old Daniel Berndt of Rochester - not injured
2. 60-year-old Timothy Full of Blaine - not injured
passenger: 62-year-old Mary Full of Blaine - non-life-threatening injuries
passenger: 28-year-old Renee Full of Blaine - non-life-threatening injuries
The crash occurred about an hour before another accident that happened on northbound Highway 52 north of Pine Island.
LOOK: Route 66’s quirkiest and most wonderful attractions state by state