The 10 Most Dangerous Cities In Minnesota According To The FBI
I've only lived in one other state other than Minnesota for any amount of time in my life. That state was South Dakota, my one take away from my year there...it was windy. Minnesota is known for our 'Minnesota' nice, our hotdishes, and our super sexy accents (Oh Yah, Sure You Betcha!). OK, maybe not so much that last one. When you think of Minnesota, you probably don't really think danger. The FBI recently put out their Crime in the United States chart for 2018, and these were the Top-10 Most Dangerous Cities In Minnesota According to the FBI statistics.
10. Virginia - When you multiply out the violent crime rate of the town of 8,500 people you get 414 per 100,000 people, putting it at #6 in the state for violent crime per 100,000 people in this category. As for property crime numbers it is 3,464 per 100,000 people.
9. Brainerd - For violent crime per 100,000 people Brainerd comes in with 455 crimes per 100,000 people. As far as the property crime 3,380 per 100,000 people.
8. West St. Paul - Violent crime in the St. Paul suburb is 373 per 100,000 people, while property crime comes in at 4,849 per 100,000 people.
7. Spring Lake Park - It's violent crime per 100,000 people is 414 per 100,000 people, and the property crime per 100,000 people is 4,467.
6. Waite Park - the small town next to St. Cloud with only 7,500 or so residents would be #1 on this list if it were just property crime being considered. Waite Park's property crime per 100,000 people was 10,011! Violent crime in Waite Park came out to be 386 per 100,000 people.
5. St Cloud - The college town on the Mississippi has a population that gets close to 100,000 when school is in session, but normally the town sits about 70,000 residents. The violent crime per 100,000 people is 384. The property crime came out to be 3,771 property crimes per 100,000 people.
4. Duluth - The city on Lake Superior comes in with 358 violent crimes per 100,000 people and a property crime number of 4,286 per 100,000 people.
3. St Paul - One half of the Twin Cities, St. Paul is #2 when it comes to violent crime with 626 violent crimes per 100,000 people. Property crime per 100,000 came in at 3,255 property crimes per 100,000 people.
2. Minneapolis - The other half of the Twin Cities, Minneapolis was number 1 for violent crime in the year 2018, with a number of 793 violent crimes per 100,000 people. Property crime was much lower with 3,911 per 100,000 people.
1. Bemidji - While you might not suspect the city with the giant Paul Bunyan and Babe statue to be this high on the list of violent crime between the two categories it ranked the highest and closest with the third-highest violent crime per 100,000 people and the second-highest for property crime per 100,000. Violent crime was 508 per 100,000 people, property crimes were 7,045 per 100,000 people.
Faribault's violent crimes number per 100,000 people was 323, and property crime 1,777 per 100,000.
Owatonna's violent crimes number per 100,000 people was 101, and property crime 1,695 per 100,000.
Rochester's violent crimes number per 100,000 people was 194, and property crime 2,080 per 100,00.
You can see the whole list here.