The 5 Best Pumpkin Patches In Southeast Minnesota for 2018
If pumpkin spice lattes can become "a thing" on August 28th, then pumpkin patches can certainly be a thing in September!
Ready to plan a trip to a pumpkin patch this fall? I've picked out five of my favorite ones in the area for a variety of reasons. Take a look and see which one sounds fun to you! I used this website as my guide, but here were the coolest sounding ones.
- Red Barn Learning Farm: In Dodge County. Very kid friendly, and you can even bring your own food in to enjoy a picnic! You can choose your pumpkins in the field, or from ones already gathered.
- Farmer John's Pumpkin Patch: Opening in Freeborn County on September 21st! This one is also field or gathered pumpkin optional, and includes a picnic area for your use. If you're missing summer already, take a look at the fishing photos farmer John puts on Facebook!
- Fright At The Farm: You'll recognize this farm in Zumbrota as a haunted house, but it's got a corn maze and pumpkin patch too! Younger kids might not be into this farm, but pre-teens and above should love it. They'll open September 17th.
- Sekapp Orchard: Right in our backyard! They're already open too!
- Tweite's Family Farm: They're celebrating their 30th anniversary this year! TONS of activities for the whole family. They open September 22nd.
Happy pumpkin picking!
Listen to Val afternoons from 2p to 6p on Quick Country 96.5.
Listen to Val from 10a to 2p on Z-Rock 107.7.