5 Ways To Celebrate ‘National Love Your Pet Day’ In Rochester
With all of the glory that Valentine's Day gets, you probably forgot about this other holiday we should be celebrating in February.
In case you missed it, February 20th (a Tuesday this year) is National Love Your Pet Day. You still have time to prepare to celebrate this year! If you love your pet as much as I do, take a look at these suggestions for celebrating right here in Rochester.
First, let me introduce you to my cat. Her name is Pantera, and she's a sweetheart (with diva tendencies). People say I spoil her, so I'd like to think I'm an expert on this sort of thing. Your tips/ways to celebrate National Love Your Pet Day are:
- Take a fun photo of your pet. They might be annoyed, but hey - they can't complain about it later!
- Give them their favorite treat. This seems obvious, but it's especially important on this day.
- Freshen up their "daily" supplies. I'll admit it - sometimes I go a few days before totally cleaning Pantera's water dish. She gets fresh water daily (she has an automatic dispenser), but I'm sure she'd appreciate a clean bowl more often. We get lost in our daily routines and forget that their routine (and things they use daily) is just as important to them. Take a minute, and remember that.
- Get your pet a present. Duh. I recommend getting one from this place.
- Go for a walk with your pet! It warms my heart seeing so many pooches out and about along Silver Lake, or at downtown events, Bring them along as you're out today especially.
Got any other suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!
Listen to Val afternoons from 2p to 6p on Quick Country 96.5.
Listen to Val from 10a to 2p on 107.7 Z-Rock.