Five Reasons to Go See Vince Gill LIVE in a Rare Area Performance
Thursday, April 6th 2017 - 08:00 PM
Verizon Wireless Center - Mankato, Minnesota
1. Thursday is the NEW Friday!
More and more folks tend to use Thursday as a way to get their weekend going early (for a number of reasons). More 4-day work weeks, or simply another reason for those who enjoy mailing-it-in early on Friday. Anyway, Mankato is only a short hop, skip, and a jump!
2. Vince Gill is a Country Music ICON
His resume speaks for itself. Everybody who is anybody wants to collaborate with him musically. 20 studio albums, 21 Grammys, 18 CMA's, 26 million albums sold, and inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2007.
3. Formidable guitarist and multi-instrumentalist.
When Eric Clapton asks guitarists to come play his famed Crossroads Guitar Festival he usually asks 'the cream of the crop'. The artists themselves say it's an honor, and rightly so. Vince is right there amidst the best on the planet! He was also in the highly successful 70's country-rock band the Pure Prairie League. (WATCH VIDEOS BELOW)
Vince Gill - One More Last Chance (Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 HD)
4. Pure musicianship on many levels. Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Collaborator , and overall steward of good music for nearly 40 years.
On November 5, 2014, at the 48th annual CMA Awards Gill received the Irving Waugh Award for excellence in country music. This was only the fourth time the award had been granted since its inception in 1983. The previous country music artist to receive the award was Johnny Cash.
5. Tickets still available for what I would categorize a fairly RARE regional visit. - Check out Ticketmaster [[ HERE ]] Good Luck!
-Steve Richards ~ Quick Country Weekends