Townsquare Media Rochester Is Hiring!
Townsquare is a media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 318 radio stations and more than 325 local websites in 67 U.S. markets, approximately 550 live events with nearly 18 million attendees each year in the U.S. and Canada, a digital marketing solutions company serving more than 11,750 small to medium sized businesses, and one of the largest digital advertising networks focused on music and entertainment reaching more than 50 million unique visitors each month. Our brands include iconic local media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; acclaimed music festivals such as Mountain Jam, WE Fest and the Taste of Country Music Festival; unique touring lifestyle and entertainment events such as the America on Tap craft beer festival series, the Insane Inflatable 5K obstacle race series and North American Midway Entertainment, North America’s largest mobile amusement company; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment owned and affiliated websites such as XXLMag.com, TasteofCountry.com, Loudwire.com and BrooklynVegan.com. Additionally, Townsquare also operates Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops and their families.
Media and Digital Sales Executive
Are you commission driven? Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, can move at the speed of light and still have fun, then we want to talk to you.
Townsquare Media Rochester, owner of eight great radio stations including this one, wonderful events and an ever-expanding digital media platform, is looking for a dynamic sales executive to join our media and digital advertising team. You will be selling local advertising for our innovative stations.
- Prospect for qualified local and regional businesses; conduct thorough Customer Needs Analysis (C N A); present and close appropriate marketing solution programs. These programs may include any of Townsquare Media’s many assets for clients: Broadcast and Online radio, digital products such as display, streaming, loyalty programs, e-commerce, audience extension and digital marketing services.
- Leverage our live event platform through sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients.
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area.
- Work with local and corporate marketing teams to develop campaign support materials.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enter new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently.
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization.
- Goal oriented, a strong work ethic and a strong desire to learn.
- Previous sales experience. A history of success with customers and a proven ability to develop and grow revenue.
- Knowledge and experience with digital media.
- The successful candidate will be smart, curious, tenacious, entrepreneurial, independent, passionate, and enthusiastic, and work with urgency to meet deadlines.
- Accomplished at prospecting and qualifying.
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport, with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Associates/Bachelor’s business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Highly Competitive Base Salary plus Uncapped Commission
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly contests
- 3 weeks of Vacation Time
- Company provided Laptop
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- High Energy Work Environment
- Opportunity for Upward Mobility
- The growth opportunity is great. TSM is a fast-growing public company offering unlimited earning potential to our managers and salespeople.
If you're interested in finding out more about this wonderful career opportunity, please contact Rolf Pepple at Rolf.Pepple@townsquaremedia.com or 507-328-0604.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Rochester/Preston or Faribault/Owatonna
Townsquare Media is looking for hard working, team oriented, talented professionals that want to pursue a career in media. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, reliable, self-starter with a flexible schedule to provide support to multiple departments including our operations, broadcast, digital, and events. You’ll be our in-studio producer for live events, assist our digital department in creating content for our digital platforms, represent our stations on-site at local events, and connect with listeners, clients, and community leaders as a brand ambassador.
- Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Follows all FCC guidelines.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Drives promotional vehicles.
- Performs basic office administrative functions and updates station web site and socials (as directed).
- Conducts on-site promotions, and handles clients and listeners.
- Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging elements.
- Records events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions).
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
- Strong desire to grow and learn.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Positive attitude.
- High digital proficiency with a working knowledge of basic html, blogging, and social media.
- Strong background and fluency in social networking and online marketing.
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to learn new software and automation systems.
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who excels at working independently, with a proven track record of independent judgment and decision making.
- Willingness to multi-task and work beyond the job description.
- Availability to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Project management from start to finish, assuming responsibility and accountability for assignments and tasks.
- Education: High school degree required. College degree preferred.
How to Apply
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.