5 of the Best Free Online Activities to Keep Kids Busy During the ‘Coronavirus Staycation’
Anyone else have kids that are already saying, "I'm bored!". It's a struggle right now for all of us but we've got some great resources at our fingertips that are free.
Check out the list of free online activities that I found that you could send to your printer right now:
- Sylvan Learning in Rochester - They've got plenty of K-12 resources ready to go! Bonus, they are adding more too. Click here to grab them.
- Word Search Printables - easy to print and so much fun for kids! Click here to print off your favorite.
- Scholastic - They've got daily activities that kids can do on their own, with their families, and it is all for their specific grade! Tap to learn more and get started.
- Coolmath4kids.com - My kid's math is a bit too advanced for me, and thankfully, this website exists. Take a peek and let your kids explore the world of math here.
- Virtual Tours of Popular Museums - they might be closed to the public but these popular museums are open to the world virtually. USA Today had a great story that gives some behind the scenes info (read it here). Take a peek at all of the exhibits that are available online here.
After Day 1 of the "Coronavirus Staycation", and having kids burst through a door in the middle of a conference call, I created a fun, daily challenge for kids too! I'll be honest, I didn't handle that first day very well. You can read all about it here. Every day on my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio - I'll have a video or a picture with the latest challenge for the day. I can't always say that this will happen at the same time of the day, because let's face it, life is unpredictable right now. It will be something to look forward to though and will hopefully be ideas that will help keep your kids busy too.
If you've got a great idea for our next daily challenge, let me know! I'm only semi-creative so I'm going to need some idea,s so please, send those to me on my Facebook page (Jessica On The Radio) or DM me on Instagram.