Frontier Airlines Just Added 5 New Direct Flights From Minnesota
If you're looking to plan a vacation for later this year, Frontier Airlines just gave Minnesotans five new direct-flight options.
Traveling has been steadily increasing in the years since the pandemic shut everything down in 2020 and forced us to stay home, and signs are showing that 2024 is going to continue that trend. It's likely why Frontier Airlines just announced it's adding 38 non-stop routes across the U.S. and the Caribbean, including 5 new flights from the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Frontier Airlines, an ultra-low fare carrier based in Denver, Colorado, said Tuesday these new non-stop Minnesota flights will be flying out of the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) in Bloomington. They're set to start in April, May and June of 2024, with fares starting at fares at $19 one way, Frontier said in a release.
ALSO INTERESTING: The Strange Item the TSA Confiscated at MSP Airport in MN
'This is a massive expansion of our operation from coast to coast and internationally as part of our focus on growing in underserved and overpriced routes,' Josh Flyr, vice president, network and operations design at Frontier Airlines said in the release.
- MSP to Atlanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL), 4 times a week starting April 10th
- MSP to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), 4 times a week starting April 21st
- MSP to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), 4 times a week starting May 17th
- MSP to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG), 3 times a week starting May 16.
- MSP to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), daily starting May 21.
Frontier Airlines, being one of the low-cost carriers, has a much smaller footprint than other, more traditional airlines, like Delta Air Lines, which of course, operates a major hub at MSP here in the Bold North.
But these new routes, as well as other new routes announced by Minnesota's own Sun Country Airlines last fall, can only help expand our travel opportunities here in the North Star State-- and hopefully bring airfares down as well!
LOOK: 50 cozy towns to visit this winter
Gallery Credit: Laura Ratliff