Minnesota Community College Ranked One of the Best in the Country
Kids are going back to school, which means some are thinking about what's coming up in a year or two: college! Some students go to a 4-year college, others decide college isn't for them, and some decide to go to a community college. It seems like community colleges are becoming more and more popular which makes this study even more important. Wallethub released its rankings of all of the community colleges across the country and one in the top 15 is in Minnesota!
There are TONS of community colleges around the country so it's really impressive that a Minnesota community college made the top 15. There's actually a total of 685 community colleges that Wallethub ranked in this study. So being in the top 15 or even the top 100 is impressive.
I did not go to a community college but I know quite a few friends who did and they really enjoyed it. Community college was just a better fit for them, which is an important thing to figure out when deciding what to do beyond college is finding the right fit for you.
To figure out the rankings, Wallethub primarily looked at cost and financing, education outcomes, and career outcomes. Here are the 15 best community colleges across the country according to Wallethub:
15. College of Southern Maryland - Maryland
14. Alexandria Technical and Community College - Minnesota
13. Los Angeles Harbor College - California
12. De Anza College - California
11. Kapi'olani Community College - Hawaii
10. Los Angeles Pierce College - California
9. Northwest Iowa Community College - Iowa
8. Ohlone College - California
7. Kaua'i Community College - Hawaii
6. Arkansas State University, Mountain Home - Arkansas
5. Santa Fe Community College - New Mexico
4. Butte College - California
3. Saddleback College - California
2. College of San Mateo - California
1. State Technical College of Missouri - Missouri
Coming in at number 14 was Alexandria Technical and Community College up in Alexandria, Minnesota!
Check out the map from Wallethub and see where your community college ranked.
If a 4-year college may be more of your thing, take a look at 2021's best colleges and universities across the country.