See What’s New On Rochester’s Updated Lime Scooter Fleet
Love 'em or hate 'em, on or off the sidewalks, Lime has just announced an upgrade to the scooters here in Rochester, Minnesota.
According to Lime, they're rolling out the Gen4 electric scooter in major global metropolises like Paris, Washington DC, and New York City...and Rochester. Why do we get them? Because we, "...would benefit from the hardware upgrade and have demonstrated the potential for long-term success in terms of micromobility."
Rules: Don't ride on Downtown Rochester Sidewalks
More Scooters? I see them tipped over all over the place!
The Gen4 scooters have a two-sided kickstand to prevent tipping over.
I'm Not Going To Stop Using My Car
That's fine. Kevin Bright, the City of Rochester and DMC EDA Energy and Sustainability Coordinator, is quoted as saying,
“We are excited to see a growing use of micro-mobility strategies in Rochester and use of the over 100 miles of trails and protected travel ways throughout our community...Less expensive and electrified modes of travel like scooters and e-bikes are essential to building a resilient transportation network in our community where folks can find an inexpensive, safe and reliable transportation mode that works for them each day.”
Besides the kickstand, name other features of the Lime G4
Viral Video: She crashes her scooter.
- Swept back handlebars, a first for shared e-scooters and reminiscent of bike handles, allowing for more a comfortable grip.
- Dual hand brake system to make slowing and stopping easier and more immediate when needed.
- Lowered baseboard to optimize the center of gravity on the scooter and make getting on and off easier.
- New kickstand with two legs to help avoid scooters from being tipped over when parked, which can help to reduce clutter on sidewalks. (mentioned above)
- Enhanced suspension and larger wheels mean a smoother ride over cracks, warped pavement and anything else the cityscape can throw at you.
- The addition of a swappable battery.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
Going to try an e-scooter?
Check out this quick guide so you'll know what to expect.