SE Minnesota, Strong Storms With Hail And Flash Flooding Saturday
It looks like we'll be in for another wet and humid weekend in Rochester and all over Southeastern Minnesota. The National Weather Service out of LaCrosse, Wisconsin says to watch out for flooding, damaging wind, and hail.
According to the NWS - Lacrosse,
Periodic showers and storms will be seen from late Saturday afternoon into Sunday night. These storms will produce heavy rain which may result in localized flooding and isolated severe weather (main threats damaging winds and hail). In addition to the storm threat, heat indices will range from 95 to 102 degrees on Saturday.
Continue to check on the latest forecasts and be prepared to adjust any outdoor plans as needed this weekend.
Top 11 Weather Disasters in Minnesota Throughout the Years
How Is the Weekend Weather Going to Break Down?
Hot and Humid Saturday
- What: Highest heat index values (how hot it feels) 95 to 102
- When: Between 1 - 7 PM
- Could Cause: Heat-related illnesses possible. Children, pets, and the elderly are especially susceptible to the heat
- What To Do: Extreme Caution - avoid prolonged exposure to the heat - postpone or reschedule outdoor activities. Stay hydrated
The Heavy Rain/Severe Storms Forecast
- What: Heavy rain, localized flooding & isolated strong to severe storms are possible.
- Where: Entire area. The highest risk is southeast Minnesota & parts of Wisconsin
- When: Especially later Saturday afternoon through Sunday night
- Could Cause: Localized flooding possible, with rises on some rivers and streams. Isolated damage from hail to property, homes, and crops is possible. Winds could lead to tree damage and downed power lines.
- What To Do: Stay weather aware! Take shelter when storms approach. If flooding is observed, move to higher ground
If you've always wanted to own a bar, now's your chance... remember, bad weather can keep away customers. So can bad attitude, bad food, and bad beer. Say no to bad beer!
Popular Southeast Minnesota Bar and Restaurant is for Sale
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Play to Hear The Y-105FM Early Morning Show Radio-On-Demand Podcast!
If it doesn't storm, I hope you have a great time at the golf courses!