Val’s 5 Rochester Summer Fashion Trends You Should Follow
Since Memorial Day is the unofficial kickoff to summer, I thought it would be fitting (ha! see what I did there!?) to make sure your fashion sense is on point from the start of the season!
According to some intense climate data, Rochester actually only reaches an average temperature of 81 degrees each summer. We're breaking that record early this weekend! This proves it isn't too early to prepare summer looks, and that summer attire is actually still helpful for us for at least three months out of the year.
My trends you should follow this summer:
- White: From sunglasses to t-shirts, white is definitely in this summer. It might even be the color of the summer!
- Boater hats: We're on the boat a lot in the summer with our lakes! Boater hats back in, stylish, good for sunburn protection, and a cute accesory to any summer look. This one is cheap and easy to snag!
- Dresses: Personally, I'm not a dress fan - BUT Vogue says babydoll and polka-dot dresses are in this summer. They also mention comfy t-shirt dresses which I might actually try.
- Rompers: Awkward in the bathroom, but comfy the rest of the day without having to worry if you're underwear is showing under a dress. Wear them. You'll love them.
- Tiny sunglasses: Welcome back, 90's! Europe (and the Kardashians) predicted this trend a year and a half ago, but they are in right now.
Now comes the fun part! Do you guys like I how I worked some summer trends into my late spring/summer looks? Vote on your favorites from the week!
What did you think? Thanks for voting! I hope you found these tips helpful!
Listen to Val afternoons from 2p to 6p on Quick Country 96.5.
Listen to Val from 10a to 2p on 107.7 Z-Rock.