There Has Been A Big Addition Added To SE MN Park
Residents of and visitors to Faribault might want to stop by Slevin Park to see the BIG addition that was recently added. The Faribault Parks and Recreation staff had plenty of time on their hands recently during all of the rain that occurred to put together a HUGE chair that will be a part of Slevin Park in Faribault. The chair was so big that a piece of construction equipment had to move it into place!
According to a post by Faribault Parks and Recreation, the chair is nearly 12 feet tall and comfortably seats 4 Parks and Recreation staff members!
The giant, 11-foot, 6-inch Adirondack chair has found its new home in Slevin Park (1602 Second Ave. NW). Our parks crew has been hard at work on rain days assembling this masterpiece, which is made of Emerald Ash Borer-infected Ash trees from a nearby park. It will soon be placed on a cement pad, and feature a number of Faribault Parks and Recreation and City of Faribault, M
innesota - City Government logos/decals. Check it out!
What's really cool about the chair is what it is made out of. The wood for the chair was harvested from Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) infected trees, that were located in Faribault area parks, which has been an ongoing issue, in more communities than Faribault, since EAB was first discovered here in Minnesota (Saint Paul), back in 2009.
The ability to make use of the wood from those trees into something creative and pretty fun is what makes communities like Faribault unique and fun to live in. Great job Faribault Parks and Recreation on the chair, and be sure to check it out, or take some pictures of you and the kids sitting on it and send them our way, using our FREE app!
Hit The Road This Summer And See These 10 Uniquely Minnesota Roadside Attractions!
Virtually Untouched1953 Ranch in Pipestone, MN Has A Basement Bar
- You will love the spacious formal living room with the attractive wood-burning fireplace & picture windows, that open to formal dining. Convenient eat-in kitchen with built-in oven & stovetop and half bath.
- Large master bedroom with double closet, 2nd bedroom with plenty of closet space, & 3rd bedroom could also be an office with built-in shelving & cedar closet!
- Awesome step-down sunroom with newer windows and view of gorgeous backyard & large cement patio.
- The basement includes laundry with utility tub, and family room with wet bar. Knotty pine walls and bar make this a great place to enjoy entertaining friends and family.
- This is a poured basement with beaver system & sump pump.
- Double attached heated & insulated garage with closet. Beautiful spacious backyard with cement patio. Sellers are installing a brand new furnace and central air unit.